33rd Annual Peanut Festival Parade Instructions
Saturday, October 6, 2018
All Parade Entries Must Be Pre-Registered. If not pre-registered, entries will not be allowed to enter the parade.
• This Year’s theme is “Peanut Shellabration – Have a Shell of a Good Time” entries should display the theme in creative and interesting ways.
• Lineup begins at 8:00 a.m. – Parade order will be determined by order of arrival.
• Due to limited staging space, groups that wish to be lined up together must arrive together – no exceptions.
• All ATV’s and non-street-legal vehicles must be brought on a trailer to parade staging area and must be immediately returned to the trailer at end of parade. Riding of vehicles outside of parade is prohibited.
• Participant Cards received at check-in MUST be clearly displayed or you may be asked to remove your vehicle/entry from the parade.
• All parade participants (including marching band, walkers, cars and floats) line up at the Aubrey Middle School on FM 428. Horses and wagons, please use parking lot and grassy area to the west of the middle school. Horse Entries – Come prepared to dispose of your own manure. Please do not leave horse manure on the parking lot or public areas.
• Judging Begins at 9:00 a.m. – Entries arriving after the judging has started will miss out on being judged.
• Parade Starts at 10:00 a.m. – Parade order will be as follows:
• Marching Bands, Color Guard,
• Parade Dignitaries
• Motorcycles, Golf Carts, Cars and Light Trucks without Trailers
• Trucks with Trailers, Floats, Large Vehicles
• Horse and Rider and Horse-Drawn Entries
• Awards will be announced on Main Street as the winning entries pass the podium.
Start at the Middle School along FM 428, Turn Right at Main, Turn Right at Chestnut. Do Not Proceed straight on 428 to Hwy 377 or Magnolia Street (Magnolia Street is too narrow to accommodate parade entries and other traffic).
All parade entries must continue to Brockett Elementary School parking lots to de-stage. Proceed as far into the parking lot as possible, to ensure all entries are allowed to safely de-stage and tear down.
Caution: Do not Stop on Railroad Tracks. Keep Tracks Clear!!!
Note: Horse Trailers, etc., should proceed to the pickup area at the Brockett Elementary school BEFORE the parade begins. Main Street Will be CLOSED from 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For Questions or Additional Information
Call Aubrey Peanut Festival Committee at (940) 343-1313 or email: Aubrey@AubreyPeanutFestival.com