Peanut Butter Sandwich Eating Contest
Official Contest Rules
Entry: No Fee.
Ten contestants will be chosen at random by the Peanut Festival Committee from entries submitted. Children under 18 must have a parent or guardian present with a signed permission entry form.
1. Contestants will be competing by eating peanut butter sandwiches.
2. Each sandwich will be white bread with 4 tablespoons of peanut butter.
3. Winners will be determined by the first contestant to eat three sandwiches.
4. Contestants may eat sitting or standing in their designated area.
5. Contestants will be allowed to drink water during the competition.
6. Contestants must wait for the starting signal to begin eating and may not touch food or table prior to the starting signal.
7. No contestants under age 13.
8. The “Chipmunking Rule” will be in effect, which means that all food in mouth to count must be swallowed prior to being declared the winner.
9. Should a contestant be observed hiding any part of the sandwich, dropping them under the table, or placing on another person’s plate, he/she will be disqualified.
10. Contestant’s who suffer a reversal of fortune and/or urges contrary to swallowing will be disqualified.
11. Judges will be on hand to assure adherence to the contest rules, monitor the rules and disqualify contestants who fail to adhere to the rules.
12. Decision by judge is final.
Award will be awarded to the contestant who eats three sandwiches in the shortest period of time